Italian Style Spaghetti Meat Balls
- Pork Mince 500 hfl
- Minced Garlic 1 tbs
- Olive Oil 1 tbs
- Fine Breadcrumbs 3 tbs
- Onion 1 med
- Finely Chopped Garlic 1 tbs
- Tomato Paste 3 tbs
- Water 300 ml
- Basil Pesto 2 hfl
- Ketchup 2 tbs
- Dark Brown Sugar 1 tbs
- Canned Plum Tomato 1 pce
- Pasta Water 50 ml
- Spaghetti Pasta 150 g
- Salt 1 tbs
- Pepper 1 tbs
- Smoked Paprika 1 tbs
- Oregano 2 tbs
- Cumin 1 pin
1. To make the sauce finely chop the garlic and the onion, add it to a large saucepan along with the pesto. Fry the onions until translucent.
2. Add in the seasonings- salt, pepper, chilli flakes and the oregano
3. Add in the tomato paste and canned tomatoes along with the water.
4. Cook your sauce for an hour on a low heat. Stir it every 10 minutes. When your sauce has thickened and reduced in volume turn the heat off and blend it together.
5. To make the meatballs take a large bowl and add in the 500g of pork mince, 1 tbs of minced garlic, 2 tbs of olive oil, 3 tbs of fine breadcrumbs, 2 tsp of basil pesto and the seasonings - salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano and cumin
6. Blend the ingredients well, then cover the bowl and let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
7. Take an ice cream scooper and divide the meat into 13 equal parts.
8. Roll them into balls then place them on a baking sheet.
9. Brush the meatballs with oil and place them in a preheated oven for 35 minutes at two hundred degrees.
10. Boil the pasta according to the packaging then drain. Make sure to hold onto 50ml of pasta water.
11. Take a large wok and add in both the cooked meatballs and the sauce. Toss them around for about 3 minutes then remove the meatballs.
12. Add in the drained pasta to the sauce along with the pasta water. Cook the pasta in the sauce on a low heat for 5 minutes. 13. Serve the pasta with the meatballs, basil and grated Parmesan cheese.